Installing Softaculous Virtualizor for Linux-KVM is very simple.
- CentOS 5.x / 6.x / 7.x or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x / 6.x or Scientific Linux 5.x / 6.x or Ubuntu 12.04 or Ubuntu 14.04 (x86_64)
- Logical Volume Group (LVG) - with NO LVMs and enough Space to create new LVMs for VPS.
- KVM module dose not support 32 bit operating system. Please install a 64 bit OS if you want to install KVM.
- KVM module requires VT enabled from the BIOS to be loaded.
- Currently Virtualizor for ubuntu is in beta testing mode it is not recommended to use for production purpose
|/||80-100 GB||Root partition containing all Hardware Node operating system files, OS templates and ISOs|
|SWAP||4 GB +||Paging partition for the Linux operating system(Swap memory is been used by virtual servers if there is shortage of real memory)|
|LVG (Volume Group)||All the remaining space on the hard disk|| This partition will be used to create Logical Volumes that will act as the VPS (DomUs) storage. |
NOTE : You must NOT create any Logical Volume and MOUNT it. This must be an EMPTY VOLUME GROUP.
Open a Shell Terminal (e.g. PuTTY) and SSH to your server. Run the following commands:
wget -N http://files.virtualizor.com/install.sh chmod 0755 install.sh ./install.sh email@example.com kernel=kvm lvg=VOLUME_GROUP_NAME
Please give the email address correctly !
- email - The Admin Email Address
- kernel - In this case its kvm
- lvg - The Volume Group that will be used for the DomU (VPS) storage e.g. defaults to vg. It should have some OR ALL unallocated space to create LVMs for the VPS.
- noos - If you dont want to download the DomU operating system for the DomU then please add noos=true as a parameter
- beta - If there is a newer version of Virtualizor available and you would like to test it then please add beta=true as a parameter
The installation will begin immediately. It may seem that the installation has stopped, if your network speed is slow, but please let it continue. You will see something like this :
After the installation is completed you will be asked to reboot.
You can then visit the Admin Panel to create Virtual Servers and also manage your server.
Note : A log file of the installation process will be created - /root/virtualizor.log
To login to the Softaculous Virtualizor Admin Panel, visit the following URL :
Login with the servers root details.
After you login, you will see the Admin Panel Dashboard :
Virtualizor Network in KVM
Virtualizor will create a viifbr0 bridge.
viifbr0 detects the IP, Netmask, GATEWAY from :
Hence if you change the above file, you will need to restart the virtualizor network :
root> service virtnetwork restart
Start Command :
root> service virtnetwork start
Stop Command :
root> service virtnetwork stop
NOTE : In all cases please remember to disable SElinux. The Virtualizor installer will try to disable it. For KVM make sure that VT is enabled from bios so VPS can be able to started .
Cant open http://IP-Address:4084
Please check if your iptables firewall is running You can disable it with the following command :
root> service iptables stop