Installing Softaculous Virtualizor for Xen is very simple.
- CentOS 5.x or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x or Scientific Linux 5.x (x86 or x86_64)
- If you want full virtualization then your CPU must support the same
- Logical Volume Group (LVG) - with NO LVMs and enough Space to create new LVMs for VPS.
Note:- Xen is officially not supported in Redhat 6 xenwiki
|/||80-100 GB||Root partition containing all Hardware Node operating system files, OS templates and ISOs|
|SWAP||4 GB||Paging partition for the Linux operating system|
|LVG (Volume Group)||All the remaining space on the hard disk|| This partition will be used to create Logical Volumes that will act as the VPS (DomUs) storage. |
NOTE : You must NOT create any Logical Volume and MOUNT it. This must be an EMPTY VOLUME GROUP.
Open a Shell Terminal (e.g. PuTTY) and SSH to your server. Run the following commands:
wget -N http://files.virtualizor.com/install.sh chmod 0755 install.sh ./install.sh email@example.com kernel=xen lvg=VOLUME_GROUP_NAME
Please give the email address correctly !
- email - The Admin Email Address
- kernel - In this case its xen
- lvg - The Volume Group that will be used for the DomU (VPS) storage e.g. defaults to vg. It should have some OR ALL unallocated space to create LVMs for the VPS.
- noos - If you dont want to download the DomU operating system for the DomU then please add noos=true as a parameter
- beta - If there is a newer version of Virtualizor available and you would like to test it then please add beta=true as a parameter
The installation will begin immediately. It may seem that the installation has stopped, if your network speed is slow, but please let it continue. You will see something like this :
After the installation is completed you will be asked to reboot.
You can then visit the Admin Panel to create Virtual Servers and also manage your server.
Note : A log file of the installation process will be created - /root/virtualizor.log
To login to the Softaculous Virtualizor Admin Panel, visit the following URL :
Login with the servers root details.
After you login, you will see the Admin Panel Dashboard :
It is very important that you set the Domain-0 (Hardware Node) memory in the GRUB so that there is no memory balloning of Domain-0 causing a lack of RAM for the virtaul servers. You can do that by editing /etc/grub.conf and adding dom0_mem=512M. An example is as follows :
title CentOS (2.6.18-194.26.1.el5xen) root (hd0,0) kernel /boot/xen.gz-2.6.18-194.26.1.el5 dom0_mem=512M module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-194.26.1.el5xen ro root=LABEL=/1 module /boot/initrd-2.6.18-194.26.1.el5xen.img
You can also set the memory anytime :
xm mem-set Domain-0 512
NOTE : In all cases please remember to disable SElinux. The Virtualizor installer will try to disable it. For xen HVM make sure VT is enabled from the bios or you will not be able to see HVM check Box .
Cant open http://IP-Address:4084
Please check if your iptables firewall is running You can disable it with the following command :
root> service iptables stop