Installing Softaculous Virtualizor for Xen is very simple.
- CentOS 6.x/7.x or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.x or Scientific Linux 5.x or Ubuntu 12.04 or Ubuntu 14.04 (x86 or x86_64)
- yum / apt-get
- Storage to create the VPS (DomUs) disks
- If you want full virtualization then your CPU must support the same
|/||80-100 GB||Root partition containing all Hardware Node operating system files, OS templates and ISOs|
|SWAP||4 GB||Paging partition for the Linux operating system|
|Storage||All the remaining space on the hard disk|| This partition can be used to create either Logical Volumes or File Based Storage for the VPS (DomUs). |
NOTE for LVM : You must NOT create any Logical Volume and MOUNT it. This must be an EMPTY VOLUME GROUP.
Open a Shell Terminal (e.g. PuTTY) and SSH to your server. Run the following commands:
wget -N http://files.virtualizor.com/install.sh chmod 0755 install.sh ./install.sh firstname.lastname@example.org kernel=xen
Please give the email address correctly !
- email - The Admin Email Address
- kernel - In this case its xen
- noos - If you dont want to download the DomU operating system for the DomU then please add noos=true as a parameter
- beta - If there is a newer version of Virtualizor available and you would like to test it then please add beta=true as a parameter
- lvg (optional) - If you are going to use LVM for the VPS storage. The Volume Group that will be used for the DomU (VPS) storage e.g. defaults to vg. It should have some OR ALL unallocated space to create LVMs for the VPS.
- license - In case you are installing Virtualizor on internal network you will need to provide the VALID license key. To get internal license key you will need to open a support ticket.
The installation will begin immediately. It may seem that the installation has stopped, if your network speed is slow, but please let it continue. You will see something like this :
After the installation is completed you will be asked to reboot.
You can then visit the Admin Panel to create the Storage and the Virtual Servers and also manage your server.
Note : A log file of the installation process will be created - /root/virtualizor.log
To login to the Softaculous Virtualizor Admin Panel, visit the following URL :
Login with the servers root details.
After you login, you will see the Admin Panel Dashboard :
Before creating any VMs, its necessary to define your storage.
Navigate to Virtualizor Admin Panel -> Storage -> Add Storage
You will see the following wizard :
Fill in the details and define the storage.
It is very important that you set the Domain-0 (Hardware Node) memory in the GRUB so that there is no memory balloning of Domain-0 causing a lack of RAM for the virtaul servers. You can do that by editing /etc/grub.conf and adding dom0_mem=512M. An example is as follows :
title CentOS (2.6.18-194.26.1.el5xen) root (hd0,0) kernel /boot/xen.gz-2.6.18-194.26.1.el5 dom0_mem=512M module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-194.26.1.el5xen ro root=LABEL=/1 module /boot/initrd-2.6.18-194.26.1.el5xen.img
You can also set the memory anytime :
xm mem-set Domain-0 512
Virtualizor uses ports from 4081 - 4085. If there is any firewall restricting this, you will need to allow these ports.
NOTE : In all cases please remember to disable SElinux. The Virtualizor installer will try to disable it. For xen HVM make sure VT is enabled from the bios or you will not be able to see HVM check Box .
Cant open http://IP-Address:4084
Please check if your iptables firewall is running You can disable it with the following command :
root> service iptables stop
Booted into wrong kernel
If you get the error as booted into wrong kernel after fresh installation. Go to Admin Panel -> Configuration -> Slave Settings -> Enable "Use XL" setting and Save the configuartion. It should resolve the issue of booted into wrong kernel.
Virtualizor Network in XEN ubuntu
Virtualizor will create a viifbr0 bridge.
viifbr0 detects the IP, Netmask, GATEWAY from interface eth0 is default. You can change it from configuration from admin panel as per your requirement:
Hence if you change the above file, you will need to restart the virtualizor network :
root> service virtnetwork restart
Start Command :
root> service virtnetwork start
Stop Command :
root> service virtnetwork stop