This guide will help you to install Virtualizor on Proxmox 3.x, 4.x and 5.x. Installing Softaculous Virtualizor for Proxmox is very simple.
- Proxmox OS (ISO can be downloaded from here )
- Storage to create the VPSs disks
* Proxmox 3.x, 4.x or 5.x MUST be installed before installing Virtualizor.
|/||80-100 GB||Root partition containing all Hardware Node operating system files, OS templates and ISOs|
|SWAP||4 GB +||Paging partition for the Linux operating system(Swap memory is been used by virtual servers if there is shortage of real memory)|
|Storage||All the remaining space on the hard disk|| This partition can be used to create either Logical Volumes or File Based Storage for the VPS (DomUs). |
NOTE for LVM : You must NOT create any Logical Volume and MOUNT it. This must be an EMPTY VOLUME GROUP.
Open a Shell Terminal (e.g. PuTTY) and SSH to your server. Run the following commands:
wget -N http://files.virtualizor.com/install.sh chmod 0755 install.sh ./install.sh firstname.lastname@example.org kernel=proxmox
Please give the email address correctly !
- email - The Admin Email Address
- kernel - In this case its proxmox
- beta - If there is a newer version of Virtualizor available and you would like to test it then please add beta=true as a parameter
- interface - You can specify the default interface that you want to set. If not provided it will be considered as eth0.
- license - In case you are installing Virtualizor on internal network you will need to provide the VALID license key. To get internal license key you will need to open a support ticket.
The installation will begin immediately. It may seem that the installation has stopped, if your network speed is slow, but please let it continue. You will see something like this :
You can then visit the Admin Panel to create the Storage and the Virtual Servers and also manage your server.
Note : A log file of the installation process will be created - /root/virtualizor.log
To login to the Softaculous Virtualizor Admin Panel, visit the following URL :
Login with the servers root details.
After you login, you will see the Admin Panel Dashboard :
Virtualizor uses ports from 4081 - 4085. If there is any firewall restricting this, you will need to allow these ports.
NOTE : In all cases please remember to disable SElinux. The Virtualizor installer will try to disable it. For KVM make sure that VT is enabled from bios so VPS can be able to started.
Cant open http://IP-Address:4084
Please check if your iptables firewall is running You can disable it with the following command :
root> service iptables stop
Error : The storaege doesn't exist
If you get this error while adding Sotrage, please execute the following command :
root# vgchange -ay
Above command should fix the issue.