The Virtualizor Team has released Virtualizor 2.6.6
This version has some cool new features and some bug fixes.
One of the changes which we believe is a game changer is Thin Provisioning in Virtualizor.
The following is a list of changes in this version:
1) [Feature] The Storage System in Virtualizor has been revamped. In the Admin Panel you can now define the Storage for slave servers. Multiple storage can be defined for one single slave server. Also a common storage can be defined for multiple slaves.
2) [Feature] With the new Storage system in place, an Admin can define the “Disk Overselling Limit” for OpenVZ, KVM and Xen slaves based on the type of storage.
3) [Feature] One of the coolest features in this version is the support for QCOW2 and RAW disk formats for KVM Nodes. We believe this is a feature that many webhosting companies have been seeking. Guide to creating a new storage can be found here :
4) [Feature] Added an option to disable the enduser backup option in OpenVZ.
5) [Feature] A new DNS Management wizard has been added in the Virtualizor Admin Panel. It enables the Admin to view and manage all existing DNS records.
6) [Feature] Support for rDNS for IPv6 Addresses has been added in Virtualizor.
7) [Feature] XL support has been added in Virtualizor. This is still in Beta. You can one click enable it but xm needs to be turned off. Guide to do so :
8) [Feature] Added support for RAW and QCOW2 Xen Hypervisors. However QCow2 will work only with XL enabled and only on Xen 4.1+ nodes.
9) [Task] XenServer Storage has been improved. Expect more features in the coming weeks.
10) [Task] While deleting a VPS, the Delete Confirmation will show the VPS ID.
11) [Task] The Support Link has been shifted to the Left Menu in the enduser panel. This is for better visibility to the endusers.
12) [Bug Fix] The SSL Bundle files were not being added in the NGinx Conf properly. This is fixed now.
13) [Bug Fix] The SolusVM importer did not show OS Templates for KVM VMs in some cases. This is fixed now.
14) [Bug Fix] The SolusVM Importer was not importing some IP Pools. This is fixed now.
15) [Bug Fix] Media Groups were not shown as selected while editing a VPS. This is fixed now.
16) [Bug Fix] Rebuild VPS showed wrong VNC IP if its not the node IP. This is fixed now.
17) [Bug Fix] While rebuilding a Windows VM from the Admin Pane, the password given over the form was being used even when the OS Template had the HVM Password. This is fixed now.
18) [Bug Fix] If the Windows distro is added, the HVM Password set for the for Windows Distro would not be used. This is fixed now.
19) [Bug Fix] Bandwidth bug fix for KVM, Xen, XCP when VPS suspended.
Virtualizor supports OpenVZ, Xen, XenServer and Linux-KVM on CentOS and Ubuntu and they all can be managed from the Master. We are adding more features and if you have any suggestions, do let us know. We hope you enjoy this version of Virtualizor.
The Virtualizor Team