The Virtualizor Team has released Virtualizor 2.8.7
This version introduces features like Cloning VMs, a new VPS Management Wizard, improved migration for KVM, XEN and fixes some bugs.
The following are the complete list of changes :
1) [Feature] Added a new VPS Management wizard. This is in Beta as of now, but it will replace the Edit VPS wizard in the future. All aspects of the VPS can be managed from this wizard.
2) [Feature] Added Clone support for VMs. Now the Admin can Clone a VM as is. Here is the guide for how to Clone a VPS. http://www.virtualizor.com/wiki/Clone_VPS
3) [Feature] Added support for migration on Nodes which are setup on an internal network. To use the internal network between Nodes, an Internal IP must be added for each Node from the Admin Panel -> List Servers -> Edit Server -> Internal IP
4) [Feature] Added Storage selection in Migration wizard. Now Admin can select the Storage(s) of the destination server. For multiple VPS migration it is not available and storages will be selected automatically.
5) [Feature] Added support for CPU Topology (KVM Only). Now Admin can set the CPU Toplogy (Thread, Socket and CPU) at the time of VPS creation or via the Manage VPS wizard.
6) [Feature] Added support for CPU Topology (KVM Only). Now Admin can set the CPU Toplogy (Thread, Socket and CPU) while Creating / Editing Plans. VMs created with such plans will also inherit the CPU topology.
7) [Feature] Now Admin can choose Recipe at the time of VPS creation.
8) [Feature] Now Admin can set the Recipe while Creating / Editing plans.
9) [Feature] Added filters on Admin panel -> Users -> Mail to User page. Now admin can select the users as per the server, user and cloud user.
10) [Feature] Added backup and restore in LXC.
11) [Feature] Added Rescue mode for LXC.
12) [Feature] Added option to change default server group name, default region name (For showing default region in cloud user panel). Previously it was not changeable and was set as “Default”. These settings can be changed from the
Admin panel -> Configuration -> Master Setting
13) [Task] Added Sorting for Name, Space, CPU, RAM, Bandwidth columns on List Plan page.
14) [Task] Now ioemu will be the default Network interface Emulation type selected while creating Windows VPS on XEN-HVM Virtualization.
15) [Task] Added a “Data Loss” warning while rebuilding a VPS from the Admin Panel.
16) [Task] Added Disable Network Configuration option in Advance Option while creating / Editing VPS. If checked, Virtualizor will not configure/re-write network when a VPS is rebooted. However, during creation of the VPS, the network file will be written.
17) [Task] Added Disable Network Configuration option in while Creating / Editing Plans.
18) [Task] Added MAC support for Internal IPs. Now admin can assign MAC for internal IPs. Previously Virtualizor was not writing MAC address for internal IPs, it was generated by virtualization kernel automatically (wherever internal ips are supported).
19) [Task] Added Site domain and Server IP in VPS backup email. Now when backup will be completed with or without error, Site domain and Server IP on which the backup is finished will be sent in email.
20) [Task] Now VPS stats page will refresh automatically after every 30 seconds to update the resource utilization of the VPS.
21) [Task] Default NIC option has been changed to e1000 for the Add VPS wizard and Add/Edit Plan wizard.
22) [Task] Added Node selection algorithm in Cloud Panel while creating instances. Previously it was failing to select a Node even if the node has sufficient resources.
23) [Task] Added virtio option in the Enduser Panel -> Launch instance wizard.
24) [Task] CPU % in cloud user (Admin Panel -> Users -> List Users -> Cloud User -> CPU %) will be as per CPU core based. E.g. If user creates VM with 2 cores and percentage is 40 total 80% will be assigned.
25) [Task] Added custom MAC prefix option. Virtualizor was prefixing the first 3 octets by default. Now the Admin can change it from Admin Panel -> Configuration -> Master Settings -> Custom MAC Prefix
26) [Task] Added alert box when Suspending/Unsuspending the network of the VPS.
27) [Task] Previously, when an OpenVZ container was edited, at that time all assigned IPs were first removed and re-added. From this version on wards, only the differential IPs will be added or deleted.
28) [Bug-Fix] When a cloud user deleted a sub user or a VPS, the used bandwidth of such a deleted user or VPS was not accounted for. This bandwidth was not deducted from the Cloud users resource limit. This is fixed now.
29) [Bug-Fix] On XenServer, while creating a VPS if a control panel was selected, it was not getting installed. This is fixed.
30) [Bug-Fix] CPU cores will now be pinned randomly to the VPS in LXC. Previously it was pinned the same CPU. This is fixed.
31) [Bug-Fix] While editing an OpenVZ plan, the TunTap setting was saving the setting of PPP. This is fixed.
32) [Bug-Fix] In LXC, if CPU cores were assigned more than the resource it would not throw any error. This is fixed.
33) [Bug-Fix] While editing an IP pool, if routed option was checked an error was thrown. This is fixed now.
34) [Bug-Fix] On OpenVZ if guest OS was CentOS 7, hostname was not changed properly. To fix this we have updated the OpenVZ template for CentOS 7. Please delete and re-download the template to solve this issue.
35) [Bug-Fix] Changed VPS backup logs time as per the Nodes Time Zone selected in Virtualizor. Previously it was as per the Nodes machine time.
36) [Bug-Fix] On an OpenVZ node, if there were more than 10000 IPs added, Network limit was not working for the IPs which had the ipid greater than 9999. This is fixed now.
37) [Bug-Fix] If a VPS was upgraded/downgraded from WHMCS and if the new Plan had IPv6 subnets, an error was thrown of invalid IPv6 subnets. This is fixed now.
38) [Bug-Fix] On Multi Virtualization enabled Node, the Server Load page was not working in the Admin panel. This is fixed.
39) [Bug-Fix] When a VPS was created from WHMCS cloud module, VNC was getting enabled by default. This is fixed.
40) [Bug-Fix] On Ubuntu if there was no /bin/sh, migration was failing. We have added a check for this and fixed this issue.
41) [Bug-Fix] When adding a Desktop license for Slave servers from the Master, the licenses were not being saved. This is fixed.
==================== Patch 2 ====================
42) [Feature] On Migration wizard, IP allocated to a Selected VPS and IP resource available on destination server will now be displayed. Admin can also change the IP by providing count of the IP(s) before starting the migration process.
43) [Task] On tasks page Multi Migration and Multi Clone option were not available for search selection dropdown. It is fixed.
44) [Task] While using SDK for editing the VPS IPv6 was getting changed in case of posting “ips6” and “ips6_subnet”. This should be “ipv6” and “ipv6_subnet”, we have now for handled both the options for backward compatibility.
45) [Bug-Fix] While creating template if any error occurred, instead of error, task data was shown. This is fixed.
46) [Bug-Fix] While migrating multiple VMs preserve IP was not working. This is fixed.
==================== Patch 3 ====================
47) [Bug-fix] On OpenVZ container Primary IP was not changing inside the containers. This is fixed.
48) [Bug-fix] While starting the VPS Backups process, the check for an existing backup process was returning true in some cases (even though no process existed). This is fixed.
==================== Patch 4 ====================
48) [Bug-fix] In Manage VPS wizard (which is in Beta) OpenVZ VPS was not able to edit and was giving error for Disk Space. This is fixed.
49) Minor fixes made for migration.
Virtualizor supports OpenVZ, Xen, XenServer, LXC and Linux-KVM on CentOS and Ubuntu and they all can be managed from the Master. We are adding more features and if you have any suggestions, do let us know. We hope you enjoy this version of Virtualizor.
The Virtualizor Team