This guide will help you to install Virtualizor on Virtuozzo 7. Installing Softaculous Virtualizor for Virtuozzo 7 is very simple.
- Virtuozzo 7 OS (You can create and account and ISO can be downloaded from here )
- Storage to create the VPSs disks
- BETA – Virtuozzo 7 integration with Virtualizor is in Beta. We do not recommend it on Production servers.
* KVM module requires VT enabled from the BIOS.
* THIS IS STILL IN PUBLIC BETA. To install it you will need to add beta=1 while installing it.
* Virtuozzo 7 MUST be installed before installing Virtualizor.
|/||All the space on the hard disk||Root partition containing all Hardware Node operating system files, OS templates, ISOs, Storage for Virtuozzo 7 Containers and Storage for Virtuozzo 7 VMs|
|SWAP||4 GB +|| Paging partition for the Linux operating system(Swap memory is been
used by virtual servers if there is shortage of real memory)|
Open a Shell Terminal (e.g. PuTTY) and SSH to your server. Run the following commands:
wget -N http://files.virtualizor.com/install.sh
chmod 0755 install.sh
./install.sh email@example.com kernel=virtuozzo
Please give the email address correctly !
- email – The Admin Email Address
- kernel – In this case its Virtuozzo
- noos – If you dont want to download the DomU operating system for the DomU then please add noos=true as a parameter
- beta – If there is a newer version of Virtualizor available and you would like to test it then please add beta=true as a parameter
- interface – You can specify the default interface that you want to set. If not provided it will be considered as eth0.
- license – In case you are installing Virtualizor on internal network you will need to provide the VALID license key. To get internal license key you will need to open a support ticket.
The installation will begin immediately. It may seem that the installation has stopped, if your network speed is slow, but please let it continue. You will see something like this :
You can then visit the Admin Panel to create the Storage and the Virtual Servers and also manage your server.
Note : A log file of the installation process will be created – /root/virtualizor.log
To login to the Softaculous Virtualizor Admin Panel, visit the following URL :
Login with the servers root details.
After you login, you will see the Admin Panel Dashboard :
Virtualizor uses ports from 4081 – 4085.
If there is any firewall restricting this, you will need to allow these ports.
NOTE : In all cases please remember to disable SElinux. The Virtualizor installer will try to disable it. For KVM make sure that VT is enabled from bios so VPS can be able to started .
Not able to start VM
If you try to start the VM from command line and got the following error :
# prlctl start v1001
Starting the VM…
Failed to start the VM: Operation failed. Failed to execute the operation. (Details: The name org.fedoraproject.FirewallD1 was not provided by any .service files)
Please start the firewalld service by executing the following command :
root> service firewalld start
Cant open http://IP-Address:4084
Please check if your iptables firewall is running. If it is running as it should because on virtuozzo it is required. You will need to add the following rule to acceess the panel :
root> iptables -I INPUT_direct -p tcp -m tcp --dport 4081:4085 -j ACCEPT