Virtualizor Clone VPS wizard allows you to seamlessly clone VPS from one server to another server OR same server without any manual intervention. Clone process transfers all your VPS data including configuration and user data.
- One click Clone
- Multiple Cloning process at the same time
- Cloning Graph
- Integrated Tasks Page
- Both the servers should have Virtualizor Installed.
- Servers should be in Cluster. ( for more information : Add Server )
- It is recommended that you save the VPS data before starting the Clone process as Virtualizor will power off the VPS to do the transfer.
- Cloning is only available for OpenVZ, KVM, XEN and LXC Servers.
- Clone process may take some time depending on the VPS size and transfer rate.
- You can navigate away from the Clone page and check the status on the Tasks page.
- Cloning is allowed between the following storage types:
- LVM <-> LVM
- File Based RAW <-> LVM
- LVM <-> File BAsed RAW
- Thin LVM <-> LVM
- Thin LVM <-> File Based RAW
- But if your storage type is QCOW2.Then,
- QCOW2 <-> QCOW2
- Meaning clone can only be done if the storage type of both the destination and the source is QCOW2. Cloning of QCOW2 to other storage type is not supported.
- Target storage on the destination server should be primary storage
- Migrating VPS with File based storage from centos 7 node to centos 6 node is not supported.
- Go to Virtual Servers >> Clone VPS
- Select The Source Server. The server where the current VPS is.
- Select the VPS(s) you want to Clone
- Select the Destination Server
- Set the transfer speed for migration. If not set, by default it will be 100mbits/s.If you want to transfer the data at speed higher than 100mb/s then please specify the speed as Virtualizor will by default restrict it to 100mb/s
- Click on Clone VPS.
- You can check clone logs in /var/virtualizor/log/clone directory.
- For transfer logs you can check the /var/virtualizor/log/clone/vpsid-transfer.log file on the source server.
- A detailed Master log is created on the Master server in the /var/virtualizor/log/clone/vpsid-master.log file.
- For Multiple Clone a separate Log is created on the Master Server apart from the two logs in the /var/virtualizor/log/clone/taskid-multi_clone.log file.
- Clone process may take some time depending upon the VPS size and transfer rate.
- If you face any difficulties cloning the VPS, you can contact us at support [at] virtualizor [dot] com or open a Support Ticket.