This guide shows you how to enable the noVNC feature in Virtualizor. noVNC is a browser based VNC client implemented using HTML5 Canvas and WebSockets.
noVNC will work on SSL (4083/4085) and non-SSL (4081/4082/4084) ports in Virtualizor.
- If you are using secure connection (on ports 4083/4085) to access panel, then your browser might reject connection to NoVNC for VPS hosted on slave.T
- his can be resolved by selecting “Use Server Hostname” option in slave settings for that slave with valid SSL certificate, or using Master proxy option in master sever settings.
- Virtualizor also provides feature to install free SSL certificate of Let’s Encrypt on Virtualizor server( know more).
Enabling noVNC is very simple and needs to be enabled only on the Master. However please understand all noVNC settings in Virtualizor to get your desired results.
To enable noVNC go to the Virtualizor Admin Panel -> Configuration -> Master Settings.
Following is a screenshot :
The options are explained as follows :
- Enable noVNC : This will enable noVNC for your entire cluster.
- Master Proxy Only : Recommended if your master has resources. The websockets service will run only on the master server.
- Use Server Hostname : Recommended if you have pointed a
valid domain to your Master / Slave servers. If this is not checked,
then the IP addresses will be used to connect to the websocket.
- Disable JAVA VNC Viewer : This option will Disable JAVA VNC Viewer and you will be able to use HTML VNC Viewer only.
The default virtualizor SSL certificate will be used and the websocket will be running on 4083 and 4085. NGINX is used to proxy to the noVNC websocket. This is done to avoid the enduser the hassle to accept self-signed certificates for different ports. Also the admin will not need to install the same certificate on all slaves.
Note : For Virtualizor XenServers “Master Proxy Only” setting should always be unchecked, also you will need SSL on all your slave servers for NoVNC to work properly on Virtualizor XenServers.
If you need any assistance, please email email@example.com