Installing Softaculous Virtualizor for LXC is very simple.
- CentOS 7.x
- yum / apt-get
- Storage to create the VPS (DomUs) disks
|/||80-100 GB||Root partition containing all Hardware Node operating system files, OS templates and ISOs|
|SWAP||4 GB +||Paging partition for the Linux operating system(Swap memory is been used by virtual servers if there is shortage of real memory)|
|Storage||All the remaining space on the hard disk|| This partition can be used to create Logical Volumes for the VPS (DomUs). |
NOTE for LVM : You must NOT create any Logical Volume and MOUNT it. This must be an EMPTY VOLUME GROUP.
Virtualizor will not delete any pre-existing LVs in the Volume Group. But its recommended to have an empty Volume Group.
Supported storage types
( LVM | Thin LVM | ZFS | ZFS Thin | ZFS Compressed | ZFS Thin Compressed )
Open a Shell Terminal (e.g. PuTTY) and SSH to your server. Run the following commands:
wget -N http://files.virtualizor.com/install.sh
chmod 0755 install.sh
./install.sh firstname.lastname@example.org kernel=lxc
Please give the email address correctly !
- email – The Admin Email Address
- kernel – In this case its lxc
- noos – If you dont want to download the DomU operating system for the DomU then please add noos=true as a parameter
- lvg (optional) – If you are going to use LVM for the VPS storage. The Volume Group that will be used for the DomU (VPS) storage e.g. defaults to vg. It should have some OR ALL unallocated space to create LVMs for the VPS.
- interface – You can specify the default interface that you want to set. If not provided it will be considered as eth0.
- license – In case you are installing Virtualizor on internal network you will need to provide the VALID license key. To get internal license key you will need to open a support ticket.
The installation will begin immediately. It may seem that the installation has stopped, if your network speed is slow, but please let it continue. You will see something like this :
After the installation is completed you will be asked to reboot.
You can then visit the Admin Panel to create the Storage and the Virtual Servers and also manage your server.
Note : A log file of the installation process will be created – /root/virtualizor.log
To login to the Softaculous Virtualizor Admin Panel, visit the following URL :
Login with the servers root details.
After you login, you will see the Admin Panel Dashboard :
Virtualizor uses ports from 4081 – 4085. If there is any firewall restricting this, you will need to allow these ports.
Before creating any VMs, its necessary to define your storage.
Navigate to Virtualizor Admin Panel -> Storage -> Add Storage
You will see the following wizard :
Fill in the details and define the storage.
Virtualizor Network in LXC
Virtualizor will create a viifbr0 bridge.
viifbr0 detects the IP, Netmask, GATEWAY from :
Hence if you change the above file, you will need to restart the virtualizor network :
root> service virtnetwork restart
Start Command :
root> service virtnetwork start
Stop Command :
root> service virtnetwork stop
Cant open http://IP-Address:4084
Please check if your iptables firewall is running You can disable it with the following command :
root> service iptables stop